GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO), enabler of some of today’s most engaging content, is proud to announce HERO4 Session, the smallest, lightest, most convenient GoPro yet. 50% smaller and 40% lighter than GoPro’s best-selling HERO4 Black and Silver cameras, HERO4 Session packs GoPro’s Emmy® Award-winning image quality and performance into an exciting new low-profile form factor.
HERO4 Session benefits from a durable waterproof design that eliminates the need for a separate housing and features simple one-button control to make capturing immersive photos and video quicker and more convenient than ever before. HERO4 Session is compatible with existing GoPro mounts and will retail for kn 3299,00 MSRP at authorised GoPro retailers beginning July 12, 2015.
“With HERO4 Session, we challenged ourselves to produce the smallest, lightest, most convenient GoPro possible,” said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro founder and CEO. “HERO4 Session combines the best of our engineering and user-experience know-how to deliver our most convenient life-capture solution, yet.” Woodman adds, “I’m so excited about the launch of HERO4 Session because now I can finally use mine in public!”
HERO4 Session captures GoPro-quality 1080p60, 720p100 and 1440p30 video along with eight megapixel photos in Single, Burst and Time Lapse modes. It features many of the same innovative features found in GoPro’s best-selling HERO4 Black and Silver cameras, including SuperView™, Protune and Auto Low Light recording modes. An expanded set of controls and settings can be accessed when using the GoPro App or Smart Remote.
Operating HERO4 Session is very simple. A short press of the shutter button quickly powers the camera on and video recording begins automatically. A long press of the shutter button powers the camera on and triggers Time Lapse photo capture. Press the shutter button again to save video or photo content and power the camera off. This simple one button design drastically improves the speed and convenience of capturing life moments as they happen.
HERO4 Session is built to GoPro’s famous rugged standards and is waterproof to 33 feet (10 meters). It features a sleek frame mounting system that is compatible with GoPro’s expansive array of mounts. An innovative dual microphone system dynamically switches sound recording between microphones to reduce wind noise during activities. Audio performance during water-based activities has been dramatically improved thanks to HERO4 Session’s waterproof design that eliminates the need for a separate waterhousing, which can often muffle sounds.
“At GoPro, sound quality is as important as image quality and we’re very excited about the stunning audio advancements we’ve made with HERO4 Session during water-based and windy activities. It’s incredible what this little GoPro can capture,” remarked Woodman.
HERO4 Session kn 3299,00 MSRP
· Stunning 1080p60, 720p100, and 1440p30 video
· Waterproof to 33’ (10m), no separate housing required
· Easy one-button control: short press of shutter powers camera on and begins capturing video, long shutter button press powers camera on and begins capturing time-lapse photos
· Captures 8MP Single, Burst, and Time Lapse photos
· Compatible with GoPro mounts and accessories
· Dual Mic system captures enhanced audio during high wind and water-based activities
· Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth® enable easy connectivity to GoPro App and Smart Remote
· Auto image rotation corrects image orientation during recording
· Includes standard and low-profile frame mounts for increased mounting versatility
· New Ball Joint Buckle mount is included
GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO), enabler of some of today’s most engaging content, introduced a collection of new accessories to stoke out your creativity and content capture with every GoPro camera. The products add to GoPro’s expansive array of mounts and accessories, providing infinite options for capturing unique shots and immersive content.
Two of the new mounts were designed specifically for use with the HERO4 Session camera, which GoPro also announced today. The Ball Joint Buckle, which comes included with every HERO4 Session, has a rotating axis that allows for a range of perspectives from a single mounting position and enables users to quickly change the angle of capture without un-mounting the camera. Floaty (kn 189) is an easy-to-spot flotation accessory that wraps around the HERO4 Session to keep it afloat. It’s specially designed to protect your camera while also allowing easy access to the shutter button and is perfect for worry-free shooting in and around the water.
GoPro has also released several additional accessories that are compatible with all HERO cameras, including:
· The Strap (kn 499) — Delivers nearly limitless mounting possibilities without limiting your range of motion, whether wrapped on your hand, wrist, or leg.
· The Jam (kn 569)– For the musician in your life, The Jam mounts your GoPro to just about anything on stage, whether it’s a guitar headstock, drum hoop, keyboard, brass instrument, or a mic stand. Highly adjustable, the Jam can score any angle you want.
· Casey (kn 419) — GoPro’s first travel and storage solution to keep all your gear protected. Casey features a water-resistant, semi-rigid shell to protect against light rain and snow, while a padded interior with removable dividers protects your arsenal of camera(s) and accessories. It will fit inside your backpack, but is large enough to carry everything you need to capture your adventure.
Finally, GoPro HERO4, HERO3+ and HERO3 users can also benefit from the new WindSlayer (kn 189), a foam windscreen that reduces wind noise to enhance audio capture during high-speed activities or in windy environments. It’s designed for use with The Frame or handheld shooting with just the camera.
New mounts and accessories will be available for purchase at authorised GoPro retailers around the world and on GoPro.com beginning July 12, 2015. For an overview of HERO4 Session, The Strap and The Jam, please visit the GoPro YouTube Tutorials page.